Come thirsty to Drink.Think (or spoken aloud, DrinkdotThink), the first spoken-word event dedicated to celebrating what we drink! Enjoy a happy-hour cocktail, and hear drink and food writers read from their work about beverages.
Date & Time: Tuesday, April 23, 2013. The bar will be open starting at 6pm – the reading starts at 7pm.
Location: Tavernita, 151 W. Erie St, Chicago, IL
Admission: FREE admission, but drinks are on you, buddy!
Featured Readers: Curated by wine and spirits writer Kara Newman, participants include:
- Jennifer Day, editor, Printer’s Row Journal, The Chicago Tribune’s Sunday book section
- Cecelia Halbert, author, Up the Hill
- Roger Kamholz, contributor to Serious Eats and Chicagoist
- Sonja Kassebaum, Co-Founder, North Shore Distillery
- David McCowan, contributor to Chicago Foodies
- William Spain, writer, Wall Street Journal, MarketWatch and Penthouse
- James Teitelbaum, author, Destination: Cocktails
- Lauren Viera, writer/reporter for publications including Imbibe, Chicago Magazine, Time Out Chicago, the Los Angeles Times, and many others
[MORE WRITERS COMING SOON!]
Books will be available for purchase and signing; full cash bar available.